Where to start? These are truly my favorite sweet potato wedges I’ve ever made. I would eat them every day if I could. Sweet and a little spicy, with an ‘umami’ savoriness from the miso paste… the sauce on them is just amazing. I love topping them with my homemade vegan green goddess sauce for a little something extra (and a fun pop of color!).
Sweet & Spicy Miso Sweet Potato Wedges:
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, or 2 large
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 2 teaspoons chili paste with garlic*
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger, or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Green Goddess Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup cilantro, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup parsley, lightly packed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 425º F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Chop your sweet potatoes into long, thin wedges.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (sesame oil through ginger). Add your sweet potato wedges, and toss until well-coated.
- Place sweet potato wedges on baking sheet, making sure the wedges are not touching or overlapping. (They need room in order to crisp up the way we want them to!) Place in the oven, and roast for 25-30 minutes.
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, combine all green goddess ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend on high power until a smooth, creamy sauce forms.
- Remove sweet potato wedges from the oven, and drizzle with green goddess. Sprinkle with extra chopped herbs, if desired.
- Serve, and enjoy!
* You should be able to find chili paste with garlic in the international foods section of the grocery store, or at Asian food markets. You can also substitute with Sambal Oelek.
Keywords: sweet potato wedges, miso sweet potatoes, miso sweet potato wedges, sweet and spicy sweet potatoes, sweet and spicy potato wedges