These are the winners of my Great Brownie Bake-Off. They’re everything you want in a truly indulgent, enjoyable brownie: crinkly, shiny top, fudgy center, chewy edges, and a great overall taste.
- 1 1/2 cups superfine blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup high-quality cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (or instant coffee powder)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350º F. Grease an 8 x 8″ baking pan, or line with parchment paper, and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt, and espresso powder.
- In a separate medium bowl, beat together your eggs and sugar, just until all the sugar is coated and moistened. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, and again – beat until just combined. See tip above: For perfect fudgy brownies, you don’t want to beat too much air into your batter.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet, and combine until no flour pockets remain. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into your baking pan, and place in the oven for 26-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs. See tips above for how I recommend cooling and storing these.
Keywords: Brownies, healthy brownies, perfect brownies, gluten-free brownies, dairy-free brownies