These cereal bars are healthy, super tasty, and make a great, portable snack you can take anywhere. I love the combination of Cheerios and oats – they make the bar feel reminiscent of a childhood snack, but are beefed up with lots of nuts, seeds, and dried cranberries to make them super nourishing and healthy.
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 1/2 cup Cheerios
- 1 cup raw, unsalted almonds
- 1/4 cup shelled unsalted pistachios
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, preferably unsweetened or lightly sweetened
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown rice syrup*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Coconut oil, for greasing pan
- Preheat your oven to 350º F. Meanwhile, grease a 9×9″ pan with coconut oil, and set aside.
- Toss oats, almonds, and cinnamon on a baking sheet, and toast in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden and fragrant. Remove from oven, and let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Cheerios, nuts and seeds, and dried cranberries with the toasted oats, almonds, and cinnamon. Mix together.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium-low heat, and add your peanut butter, brown rice syrup, vanilla, and salt. Stir, and keep over heat until smooth, warm, and just combined. This should just take a few minutes.
- Pour the peanut butter and brown rice syrup mixture into your large mixing bowl, and toss until all ingredients are well-coated and sticky.
- Press the combined mixture into your greased baking pan, cover, and let set in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Once set, remove from freezer and cut into squares or bars of your choice.
* – I can’t guarantee results with any other sweetener. Brown rice syrup is really important for the right consistency and ‘stick’ factor. I purchased mine from Amazon and really love the Lundberg brand.
Keywords: Snack bars, cereal bars, healthy cereal bars, granola bars, healthy granola bars, gluten free granola bars, trail mix bars