These gingerbread pancakes are festive enough for the holidays, or hosting a great Winter brunch with friends – but just as good on a random Saturday morning in.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk, or plant-based milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Grease a large griddle or pan, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flours, coconut sugar, baking powder, spices, and salt.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, beat your eggs. Add in milk, molasses, and oil, and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add your wet ingredients into the dry, and stir together until fully-combined and well-incorporated. Be careful not to overstir.
- Let batter sit for 10 minutes. This step is very important!
- With a few minutes left to go, start preheating your griddle over medium heat.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, spoon your batter onto the griddle, and let cook about 3 minutes (or until the edges are bubbly). Flip, and repeat on the opposite side, until pancakes are cooked through.
- Dress with desired toppings, and serve warm! Enjoy!
Keywords: pancakes, healthy pancakes, gluten free pancakes, healthy baking, gingerbread, gingerbread pancakes, gluten free baking