Happy December 26th! All of the holiday hustle and bustle is slowly dying down, and it feels nice to return to a slower pace of life.
After indulging in lots of yummy food the past week or two, I woke up this morning craving something super nutrient-dense. Enter big green smoothies.
You’re going to LOVE this recipe, which tastes like a (green’d-up) mango margarita, thanks to frozen mango, pineapple, and lime juice. And your body is going to love the fact that it’s packed with three different kinds of greens – spinach, cucumber, and chopped parsley. Even just making this smoothie is a sensory experience, with all the fresh greens, herbs, and citrus. It smells super fresh and makes you feel good about what you’re putting into your body.
I beefed it up with coconut water for extra hydration and electrolytes. The coconut water gives it a nice, ultra-smooth consistency, and lets it retain its bright green color. You can use coconut or almond milk as your liquid for a creamier smoothie – but the color won’t be quite as sharp.
I also used a tablespoon each of hemp and chia seeds for some extra staying power (and healthy Omega-3s).
Look at all the goodness in this blender:Print
The perfect super nutrient-dense smoothie for recovering from a week (or several…) of heavy eating – or just beating the Winter blues.
- 2 cups spinach, packed
- 1/2 medium to large cucumber, diced
- A couple sprigs of parsley, chopped
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 cups coconut water
- Juice of half a lime
1. Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. (I recommend adding ingredients in the order listed – with spinach at the bottom – for easiest blending.) 2. Puree on high, until fully blended and smooth. 3. Serve in two tall glasses, with a lime slice if desired.
Keywords: Smoothie, smoothie recipes, green smoothie, tropical green smoothie, mango smoothie, pineapple smoothie, fruit smoothie, detox smoothie