Vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, refined-sugar-free
Looking for healthy Halloween recipes? Look no further than these super easy, 6-ingredient Snickers-Stuffed Dates. Two or three will satisfy your sweet tooth without sending you on a sugar high, thanks to fiber from the dates and healthy fats from the crushed peanuts and natural peanut butter. Plus, they’re so delicious, you just might want to enjoy them all year long!Print
An easy, fun, and healthy Halloween treat that won’t spike your blood sugar and leave you ‘hangry’ a few hours later. Bonus: they’re super fun (and hands-on) to make!
- 20 medium to large Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup chopped or crushed peanuts (raw and unsalted), for topping
- Flaky sea salt, for topping
- 1 3 oz. dark chocolate bar, ideally 70-85% cacao
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Start by slicing your dates down the middle and gently prying them open so they can be stuffed. Place dates along the baking sheet, making sure to leave some room in between them. Things will get messy!
- Next, stir your peanut butter well so that it’s not overly runny and the oil doesn’t seperate. Spoon peanut butter into the center of the opened dates, one at a time. I recommend just over 1/2 a teaspoon of peanut butter per date.
- Break your dark chocolate bar into pieces. Either on the stovetop or via the microwave, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together. Be careful not to ‘overcook’, as chocolate burns easily. Stir vigorously.
- One at a time, dunk and roll the stuffed dates in the chocolate mixture. Place back on tray to cool and harden.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts and flaky sea salt over the dates to finish.
- Place your tray in the fridge for at least an hour to allow the chocolate shell to harden and solidify. After that, enjoy! These treats are best stored in the fridge, but can be frozen, as well, for longer-term preservation.