These snack bars are a wholesome take on a classic childhood favorite. Packed with whole grains and healthy monosaturated fats, they are a feel-good food with all day staying power and won’t leave you hungry an hour or two later. They’re enjoyed just as well for breakfast, an afternoon snack, dessert, or pre-workout. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted*
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberry jam (unsweetened or fruit-juice-sweetened preferred)
- 2–3 tablespoons natural almond butter, for drizzling on top**
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Prepare a square baking dish – either lining with parchment paper or greasing with a little coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (oat flour through salt).
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and knead together until a thick, sticky dough forms. Don’t be afraid to use your hands!
- Measure out 1/2 cup of the dough, and set aside. Using either a spatula or your hands, press the rest of the dough into an even layer at the bottom of your baking dish. This will form your crust.
- Spoon the strawberry jam on top of the crust layer, and spread evenly to cover the dough.
- Crumble the reserved dough over the strawberry jam layer to finish.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the crust and top layer reach a nice, golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Drizzle drippy almond butter over cooled bars, then cut into squares and remove from pan.
- Enjoy! Bars are best stored in the fridge and served cool.
*Make sure melted coconut oil is cooled slightly before combining with the beaten egg – otherwise it will scramble.
**Natural almond butter has just one or two ingredients – almonds and maybe salt. It should have a drippy, wet consistency (unlike Jif or Skippy brands). Warm if necessary before drizzling.
Keywords: Almond butter, jelly, peanut butter and jelly, healthy baking, snack bars, healthy snacks, healthy on the go