Pasta dinners: The perfect summertime solution. Dinner is on the table in 20 minutes, there’s little clean-up, and everyone is happy and full. We do some type of Banza pasta almost every week now, and in my constant quest to find sauces that keep it interesting and satisfying, I created this one. Behold — a creamy vegan tomato sauce that comes together in one blender and under a few minutes. It’s packed with nourishing ingredients like cashews, tomatoes, basil, spices… but tastes rich. Try it for your next past night and thank me later.
Makes enough sauce for 1 lb of pasta
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes (no salt or sugar added)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2-3 whole cloves garlic
- 1 handful fresh basil
- Generous pinch salt and ground black pepper (each), to taste
- Bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil, either via stovetop or electric tea kettle.
- Add into a high-powered blender or food processor, along with rest of ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy!